TOEFL® Practice Online is the only official practice test for the TOEFL internet-based test (iBT).
The version of the practice test included in the TOEFL Value Packs is a unique volume, which means that it will not be the same version as any other TOEFL Practice Online test sold separately.
The practice test includes:
- Exclusive TOEFL iBT® test practice on all 4 skills: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
- The real TOEFL iBT® test test-taking experience
- Practice tests from ETS that help you prepare for test day
- Same-day scores and performances feedback for all 4 skills
This product is for one-time use only and must be completed within 6 months. Once started, the test can be used in 1 of 2 modes, timed or untimed. In either mode, you can exit, come back and restart the practice test. ETS reserves the right to expire the product 12 months after purchase.
- Reading and Listening - Feedback includes the number of right and wrong answers, a scaled-score range (0 to 30) and analysis that helps you understand your performance level.
- Speaking - You speak into a microphone to record your responses, which are scored by the SpeechRater™ program, an automated scoring system. Scores and performance feedback are posted online within minutes. The SpeechRater program determines your ability with pronunciation, fluency, vocabulary and grammar. Your total score is converted to a score on a scale from 0-30.
- Writing - Feedback includes a rating (0 to 5) on each of 2 writing tasks, a scaled score (0 to 30) and feedback analysis.
The Reading section has 3 academic reading passages.
- Questions measure your ability to understand and analyze the meaning of the passages.
- New features include a glossary and a review option.
The Listening section has 2 conversations and 4 lectures.
- Questions measure your ability to understand what you’ve heard.
- You may take notes while you listen.
- Some lectures include classroom dialogue.
The Speaking section has 6 tasks.
- The 2 independent tasks require you to speak on familiar topics.
- The 4 integrated tasks require you to use more than 1 skill when you answer. For example, you will read a passage and listen to a brief lecture or conversation and then speak your response.
The Writing section has 2 tasks.
- For the first task, you will read about an academic topic and then listen to a lecture on the same topic. You may take notes and use them to write your response, which is based on what you read and listened to.
- For the second task, you will write a response based on your own knowledge and experience.